Loop meeting


I'm part of a collective of artists called Loop. I joined last fall. This is a sketch of some Loop members at a committee meeting, held in a noisy cafe across from the AGO, to organize our Toronto International Art Fair booth.

Last night we had a big general meeting. I could only doodle at this thing. There was no way I could do portraits because I was sitting between Gary Clement and Eric Farache who are too funny to be able to do any serious drawing, so I just doodled all over the meeting handouts. Eric cracks me up. He should be doing stand-up. He's a natural. Gary had me going too. I was laughing so much I snorted and he turned to me and said did you just snort?
I wanted to do some caricatures like I did in grade school, but I was worried that someone might get offended if they saw one of my cartoons of them. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. They're nice people. I grabbed something Gary's was drawing and scrawled on it a bit. It is now a collaborative drawing I said. I hate collaborative art he said. But when I flipped it back to him he drew a lot more on it and it turned out kind of interesting. I don't think Gary would admit that, and I should have got it back from him so I could scan it and post it here.
I think it would be fun to make the members doodle for the whole meeting, all over that fat pile of documents, then stick them up on a wall. Getting to see how all these good artists would doodle really interests me. I can't show most of my doodles from last night because the info on a lot of the printouts is confidential. I guess if I had read them I'd have figured that out and drawn on the 'OK for public viewing' pages. But I didn't because basically I'm a pretty lousy member.

I also started a new nipple in my Book Of Nipples, but the light was bad, and that's a problem because these are pretty tiny nipple drawings.